Ginger Root is closely related to turmeric, cardamom and galangal, which may explain why the health benefits of ginger are so extraordinary.
The medicinal uses of ginger have been known for at least 3000 years in cultures all around the world. Although it originated in Asia, ginger is valued in India, the Middle East, Africa, and the Caribbean, among other regions.
It contains many healthy essential oils such as gingerol, zingerone, shagaol and citral.
PROPERTIES OF GINGER:
- The most well documented and research property of Ginger is its ability to treat motion sickness better than any over the counter medications.Ginger is anti-emetic that helps to relief nausea, it calms the pyloric valve that is located at the base of the stomach that allows the stomach or abdomen to operate normally.
- One study found ginger to be as effective, with fewer side effects, as dimenhydrinate (Dramamine). And because of all the other properties of Ginger, it does not only prevent you from having nausea but it will help with upset stomach, gas and other intestinal problems which are also considered as one of the reason for vomiting and nausea.
BENEFITS OF GINGER FOR PATIENTS UNDERGOING CHEMOTERAPY:
- Research has shown that the use of ginger may help reduce nausea during cancer treatments. As stated on the MAYO CLINIC website.
- Promotes a healthy and natural inflammatory response that may help with occasional aches and pains. (By Grzanna J, et al. Med Food. 2005 Summer;8(2):125-32)
- May promote caloric intake for sustained nutrition.
- Pure root ginger powder is safe and gentle on the body.
The quality of the Ginger supplement is crucial. Choose ginger capsules that contain only standardized pure ginger root and not other herbs. Read the label carefully to determine the amount of ginger preparation in each capsule.
- Divide the daily-recommended dosage into three or more parts.
- Take the first dose when you feel nausea or right before you normally have nausea due to motion sickness, such as just before getting into a car or boat.
- Continue taking the ginger capsules as needed until you reach your daily dosage.
Or Supplements has a commitment to bring reliable products using only the purest of ingredients. All tested for maximum actives and an absence of pesticides, aflatoxins, heavy metals, and other harmful material according to prescribed limits for these substances.
There is plenty of evidence to support the use of ginger root for stopping nausea, regardless of the cause. And the beauty of using ginger, in particular to stop the nausea and vomiting associated with motion sickness, is the extended benefit of alleviating general inflammation. Click HERE to learn more about CHEMginger.
By Susan Gail Farkas.
Graduate of the Acupuncture Program of the College of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Israel, as well as a certified Chinese herbalist and Shiatsu therapist in Israel. She complemented her clinical studies with a practicum at the Hangzhou Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Zhenjiang province of the Republic of China, in the departments of Acupuncture, Massage, and TCM Internal Medicine.
She recently received training to practice Health Counseling at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in New York City. She is certified by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners and has obtained Continuing Education Units from Purchase College, State University of New York. You can connect with her via Linked In.