START THE NEW YEAR RESETING YOUR SYSTEM BY CHANGING THESE 5 THINGS IN YOUR DAILY LIFE
We should start the New Year by shifting the talk about targeting symptoms or treating a disease to focusing on maintaining a state of optimal health. Integrative Medicine Practitioners are changing medicine in Americans to be more mindful of how we choose the foods we eat, the activities we engage in, and our relationships with others.
Lets concentrate in how to first change bad habits and begin to eat more mindfully.
These five things are extremely helpful in changing your relationship with food.
- Plan ahead. It is extremely important to plan your day. This must include 5 meals a day: breakfast, 2 snacks, lunch, and dinner. All must include PROTEIN.
The idea here is to avoid the point of hunger and have small meals throughout the day.
- Shop smart. Mindful eating starts at the grocery store, stock up with smart healthy foods. Fruits, Veggies, Nuts, Seeds, Plain Greek yogurts, lean proteins… So when you are tired and want to grab something to eat, all your choices are smart.
- You must make sure you drink enough water through out the day. You must be accountable and drink 6-8 glasses of water. Drink one full glass of water when you weak up, one glass of water at every meal and one before going to bed.
- Increase FIBER. Fiber can improve blood glucose control if eaten in large amounts. You can add fiber by eating whole grain products, fresh fruit and vegetables, and legumes. Another benefit of fiber is that it adds bulk to help make you feel full. Make sure most of your plate is from GREENS.
- Increase Plant Base Protein. Replace one, or better yet, two to three days of your week’s meals to vegetarian options. Plant base proteins like lentils, chickpeas, quinoa, seeds and nuts are high in protein and fiber and are generally feel-good foods for satiety, balancing blood sugar, maintaining and energy.
These are 5 simple resolutions that can lead to the beginning of a stronger you. Whether you’re getting back in shape or are concerned with a serious health issue like diabetes. Changing how you treat your body and what you choose to put into it can be the catalyst for healthier living overall.
We at OR Supplements want to wish you a HEALTHY New Year. We believe in using Integrative Medicine to prevent and treat diseases. All our products where formulated by an Oncologist and a Traditional Chinese Herbalist to boost your immune system, combat side effects and maintain your well-being.
By Susan Gail Farkas.
Graduate of the Acupuncture Program of the College of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Israel, as well as a certified Chinese herbalist and Shiatsu therapist in Israel. She complemented her clinical studies with a practicum at the Hangzhou Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Zhenjiang province of the Republic of China, in the departments of Acupuncture, Massage, and TCM Internal Medicine.
She recently received training to practice Health Counseling at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in New York City. She is certified by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners and has obtained Continuing Education Units from Purchase College, State University of New York. You can connect with her via Linked In.